Thursday, April 14, 2011

How to Survive a Long Distance Relationship




I eventually met someone after months of Online Dating & clubs. You perceive the story. Three months into our connection, my boyfriend broke my heart: he took a do ~-work interstate.

We agreed to see both other every two or three weeks at weekends. We reassured ourselves we were compact enough to survive the separation. I'd always thought of myself as a complete, reasonable person. Of course he has to take the do ~-work, I told myself. I won't advance between him and his dreams. A week hind he left, I started crying and couldn't blockade. He felt awful too.

But the 12 months apart unnatural us to create our own propinquity survival kit. And for all you lengthy-distance lovers, here are our five brilliant rules:

Don't endure long goodbyes at airports. Drop individual another off and leave. An airport is none place for a meaningful goodbye.

Maintain quotidian contact, either by phone, email, IM or literal meaning. Share the small things about your age.

No mode of long-distance giving can replace being with someone. Recognise this and put on't blame one another for the yearning.

Share an imaginative space together. Read the sort books, listen to the same score. Go to see the same movie at the identical time. Sit in a cinema and understand that your lover is going from one side the same experience, the same images and sounds.

On weekends in union, be relaxed. Try not to force pressure on yourselves and on the curt time you have with one any other.

Have courage! As Charles Dickens wrote, "The unhappiness of parting is nothing to the felicity of meeting again".

The time apart could subsist the best thing for you. My boyfriend and I used the enforced separation to think about what we wanted from the relationship and from our lives. Six years later we're honorable as much in love as for aye – and we're about to obtain married!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive