Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Perils of Dating Someone Younger Than You

I am a child-bearing, therefore it is practically socially unlicensed for me to date anyone younger than me. Yet, over the farther than month, I have found myself proper incredibly close and now, dating a lad of 18, I am 21. This is practically paedophilia! Of turn, age is just a number, the remain man I went to bed with was 37 and I had almost similar reservations about that relationship becoming to his age and now in the present state I am, quite happily seeing something who is half his age.

I am weakly hesitant to tell friends and house about the cradle that I am robbing the sake of that exact reasoning. I am not over-affectionate of the questions of, 'Oh Saloni, are you babysitting tonight?' or inner reality asked if my boyfriend is allowed to gambol out late, or if he's granted his homework. All of the true same teasing remarks that I be obliged made to friends who date the vulgar younger than them, however, they're usually male animal and of course, this is added easily accepted in society. We y have a very gender focuses body in which the man of a consanguinity must take on the 'father' role and contribute for the weaker in the connection ie - the woman. I of series, being an independent female in 2012 who has skilled feminism and gender studies, care not as far as concerns this traditional view, and by orally transmitted, I mean backward.

I am the agency of no means a feminist. I consider no desire to see roles reversed or the dominance of women, or the obliteration of the male species, despite their on-going desire to leave a trail of set behind them. I believe in gender equality, I am for equality. If places like the playboy manor-seat can exist with many people precisely accepting this as bizarre, but hey the husband is lucky! Then I can note the time of who I wish without comment and lacking society stepping in to let me discern that what I'm doing is incorrect, either by the ideas that be seized of been programmed into my head or the comments that could have ing made. (This of course is a narration of belief, and not an particular written to convince myself that I be possible to date who I like...)

I have always dated men older than me, for the reason that I am mature and I entirely enjoy mental stimulation. However, if this stripling provides that, then why should period be at all relevant? Why should it sense? It shouldn't and it doesn't. We decline in love with people, not their ages.

By Saloni Chamberlain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive