Monday, November 5, 2012

Men and Their Money: The Pick-Up Line

Men and their money became a subject of interest later many years of dating and many years in the work force. It took me numerous years to notice the similarities between my dates and my bosses. They are obsessed through money. They talk about money the interval women talk about their hair.

Men supply more ways to discuss money than women determine an issue to talk about men. Men are fascinated through money. They disguise their conversation through money like women disguise their conversations in an opposite direction love. Men talk about the save market or their investment portfolio to the degree that a way to impress women. The witty side for me is the people ways they use their money being of the kind which a pick-up line at the hinder.

One night, while standing around the limited disco club hoping for an call to dance, I tried to nullify the number of times men cursory reference their money to me. Those who mean they have money will mention it to me greater amount of frequently than those who live up a small budget.

Those men with a small budget refer to circulating medium as a low-priority in life and, then, consider themselves more moral for not having at all. They frequently refer to themselves because more religious or as having grander priorities dint of realizing that money is the lower part of all evil and, therefore, are uprightly superior to those who have plentiful investment portfolios. These men understand the faithful meaning of life and often assure me that they are happy out of money.

Men with small budgets many times consider themselves to be akin to artists or musicians who live in ctinuance love or have a higher on a of consciousness than men with wealth. These men will usually wear amethystine jeans and a tee-shirt to the disco company where the women typically wear office suits or sexy dresses. The men who be without to appear as though they accept money will typically wear a occupation suit and take their jacket opposite when they want to appear "unimpassioned." These are the men who try to cognizance women with their money.

On this distinctive night, while spending more time vigilance men than dancing with them, I tried to recant how many times men mention cash to me in one conversation. One married approached while I was standing in the elbow of this disco club, with drink in possession, and the first words he spoke to me were in hint to the watch he wore. He showed me his requiring great outlay watch showing me the label in the sight of he even mentioned his name. It was an expensive watch. After I nodded to mark that I had read the label, malignity the low-lighting, he leaned through to tell me that it was one "expensive" watch.

"It's the veritable thing," he said proudly, to make certain me that it wasn't a transcript or some cheap fake.

"Yes," I nodded, "I noticed."

After bragging with reference to his watch for a few other thing minutes, he announced that he had "a assign of money." I nodded. When I didn't offer impressed, he told me again.

"I esteem a lot of money," he related, again.

"Great," I replied.

"Well?" he inquired, with raised eye brows, as though expecting me to affirmation something else. I nodded again however remained silent.

After a few greater amount of moments of silence he told me once more that he had a lot of riches.

"Well," I finally replied, "how did you arrive at your money?"

"I didn't," he exclaimed, "I won the lottery."

"Good with a view to you," I said. I was in truth getting bored with this man and the talk but, instead, asked, "Well, what conclude you do now that you gain a lot of money?"

"I dissipate all day trying to decide to what degree to spend my money," he answered.

He for this reason proceeded to list all of the things he had recently purchased with his new winnings. He had bought a just discovered car, a new television set, a starting a stereo, and several other items. He was thoughtful to mention the price tag in successi most items assuring me that he alone bought the best. I tried to keep aloof from yawning, but was starting to go annoyed with him. I sipped ward my glass of wine. I nodded at the end of eddish of his sentences.

After listening to him rumor about the items he had immediately purchased upon receipt of his money, he started to cursory reference the trips he was planning to take. I listened.

This supply with hands with "a lot" of money continued the conference by telling me about all of the places he planned to go to see with his new money. He planned to turn out to Las Vegas first. I wasn't surprised. He leaned in towards me to the degree that though I might have an opportunity to go with him. What he didn't be aware of is that Las Vegas is person of my least favorite places to be of use. I was actually expecting him to wink at me when he noticed that I didn't take his suggestion. Instead, he told me again that he had a great number of money.

After hearing this corresponding; of like kind comment one too many times, I ultimately broke an etiquette rule and asked, "Well, to what degree much money do you plan to bestow me?"

"Well," he huffed, "I don't plan to give you somewhat money."

"Well then," I replied, "wherefore do I care how much currency you have?"

He didn't equitable answer me. He just turned up his nose and walked from home. He left without even offering to buy me a drink.

I guess he reflection I was rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive